Sunday, November 7, 2010

Day One

I am starting a blog because SOMEONE said it would be a good idea :D. So here we are. I rededicated my life over the course of the last 6 months. Most of this actually happened over the summer although I am quite sure God is nowhere near done with me yet!

I stopped going to church sometime in 2002 or 2003, not really quite sure about the exact date or anything. It was a rough 7 or 8 years. I brought a lot of pain and anguish upon myself through the choices I made. These bad choices (even if they were made because it was the best choice at the time) haunted me for many years.

Walking into the sanctuary of the church I currently attend (Vineyard Community Church in Augusta, GA) I was sure that all my mistakes and various problems were written all over my face. Actually, they probably were because my self-esteem was not so great the time (still working on that).

The very first sermon I heard I cannot find on the podcasts of the church website but luckily I have my notes from that Sunday. May 9, 2010. This was the first of a three part series on Sexuality. People were apparently uncomfortable in the sanctuary that day. I was not. I was hooked. This IS what I needed to hear. This was not a flowery sermon. A few weeks ago I found out who in the Bible I could be likened to as I found healing in a sermon that made so many others uncomfortable. The Samaritan woman. John 4:3-42. That's me!

Anyway, that is some of the background of my life. How I got here. Where I have been. I do not know where I am going, but this I do know. Jeremiah 29:11. A verse I never forgot, even when I was running away from Him. Hmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment